Originally posted by United Benefit Advisors (UBA).
Group Practice Leader
The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
- A full return-to-work program, starting with a written policy.
- Detailed reporting for disability and FMLA usage patterns, costs and more.
- A process that gives employees referrals to health management programs.
- A central leave-reporting portal for short term disability and family and medical leaves.
- Using the same resource for short term disability, family and medical leaves and other benefit programs.
Aside from helping to ensure compliance with FMLA, a more robust program approach to absence management can help shorten the duration and severity of absences and return employees to work sooner, thereby reducing health care costs and improving productivity. It’s a win-win for both employers and their employees.