FMLA Administration and ADA Compliance: The Practical Side
Join ClearPath for the next Clear60 event, as we take an in-depth look at the most significant FMLA (Family and Medical Leave Act) regulations and changes to the ADA (American with Disabilities Act).
FMLA discussion points:
- Important FMLA regulations
- Potential pitfalls to help employers stay compliant
- How to avoid employee abuse of the FMLA
ADA discussion points:
- Changes in the ADA
- Focus points when you have an employee(s) with a disability
- Actions employers should take
- Training management in response to ADA changes
There is no cost to attend this event. Attendees are eligible to obtain 1 hour of SHRM, HCRI, and insurance continuing education credit. Seats are limited to availability. Once registered, additional event details for the day of the event will be sent to you via email.
Daris Freeman JD - UnumAssistant Vice President, Legal Counsel
Ms. Freeman has been with Unum Group since 2000 when they started the Leave Management Service. After more than 10 years developing the service from the operational side, she moved to compliance and is currently Assistant Vice President, Legal Counsel. Ms. Freeman’s primary responsibility is to support Unum’s Absence Management Center which administers FMLA, paid leave, ADA and over 200 complementary state laws. In addition, she provides general employment law support for Unum.
- Cybersecurity Guidance for Employee Benefit Plans
- Dec 14 2021
- 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm