18 Oct What’s the Dish? A Scrumptious Pumpkin Crunch Cake
What’s the Dish? A Scrumptious Pumpkin Crunch Cake
Born and raised in Miami, Florida, Denise’s personal motto is: “Floridian by birth,
Gator by the grace of God.” Outside of work, Denise can be found with her two children, cruising around in her mini-van and zipping in and out of Kroger no less than 5 times per week.
In this month’s Dish, Denise provides us with a special look into her Dine in and Dine out choices. Take a look below at her recipe and restaurant of choice.
Denise has over 23 years of direct experience in the Human Resources field including Master’s degrees in both Vocational Counseling and Labor Relations, work experience as a Human Resources and Management Senior Professional in Human Resources as well as over 8 years as an Adjunct Professor at two universities where she was awarded numerous teaching awards.
Denise attained a Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Florida in Psychology. She also received her Master’s Degree from the University of Florida in Health Science with a concentration in Vocational and Rehabilitation Counseling. She went on to earn her second Master’s Degree in Labor Relations, Human Resources and Management from Ohio State University. She graduated from both graduate programs with honors.
Pumpkin Crunch Cake“Nothing ushers Fall into a house like the smell of something pumpkin baking in the oven. Can’t resist this cake!!”Ingredients:
- 1 15 oz can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 10 oz can Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter melted
- 1 cup coarsely crushed graham crackers or pecans
- 1/2 cup toffee bits (optional)
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9×13 baking pan lightly with cooking/baking spray. In a large bowl combine the pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs and pumpkin pie spice. Stir to combine. Pour into your prepared pan. Sprinkle your entire box of cake mix on top, followed by your nuts or graham crackers and toffee chips. Pour your melted butter evenly on top.Bake for 45-50 minutes until center is set and edges are lightly browned.
“My favorite meal here is the Candied Bacon, Egg & Cheese Sandwich! What’s not to love about Candied Bacon!”
Click Here to Get Directions or see the SuperChefs Menu!