12 Jan Italian for You, Italian for Me
January’s Dish is brought to you by ClearPath’s own Stephanie Boehm!
With her degree in Actuarial Science, Stephanie has plenty of experience researching the market and locating it’s current trends, making her an effective Account Manager. After work, she enjoys keeping fit and volunteering at local charity events and giving back to the community.
With her Italian roots in tow, her favorite place to eat is none other than Vittoria Ristorante & Bar. “Vittoria’s is the perfect spot for an authentic Italian meal in a traditionally European atmosphere with a contemporary flare. The fresh bread and imported olive oil are just the beginning of what’s to be an unforgettable meal!” Need directions?
Even at home, Italian is the way to go. Stephanie brings to the table a polenta recipe that’s bound to make you say “delizioso!”
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 6 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 3/4 cup of yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a heavy large saucepan.
- Add 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Gradually whisk in 1 3/4 cups of yellow cornmeal.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook until the mixture thickens and the cornmeal is tender, stirring often, about 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat then add 3 tablespoons of butter and stir until melted.
The best way to enjoy this meal is family style on a big wooden board covered in Bolognese sauce. Thanks Stephanie!