Originally posted on http://www.staysafeonline.org
Does the protection of data and privacy matter to you? Does your organization practice good data stewardship?
If so, join us in raising awareness of Data Privacy Day. You have all the tools to be an effective advocate for protecting data and privacy online! Here are some of the things you can do:
- Be a leader on social media. Post privacy tips, or create your own messages, using the official Data Privacy Day hashtag #DPD14. You can also join our Twitter chats, and make DPD your profile image! Get all your social media resources here.
- Attend a Data Privacy Day event or one of IAPP’s Privacy After Hours networking events for privacy profesisonals.
- Become a Champion. Have your organization show its support of Data Privacy Day by becoming an official DPD Champion. It’s free and only takes a minute to sign up!
- Share privacy resources. Print privacy tip sheets to display around the home computer or office, and other public gathering places like libraries and community centers.
- Discuss privacy with your family. Have a “privacy talk” with your family, reminding everyone not to overshare personal information online Discuss other tips for using mobile devices and social networks responsibly. Use Data Privacy Day resources to guide the conversation.