Every year Medicare presents challenges for employers impacting employer administration and employee utilization of their group medical insurance plan.
Join ClearPath for the next Clear60 event, as we provide best practices & insight to help employers better prepare to navigate Medicare challenges and more confidently manage benefits for Medicare-eligible employees.
- Coordinating between Medicare and your group health plan
- Medicare & HSA contribution pitfalls
- Open enrollment
- Claim subrogation
This session will dig into some of the most frequently asked employer questions, such as
- Why do I need to complete the CMS disclosure form?
- Who should be included in the disclosure?
- What are the acceptable options to provide Medicare Part D creditable coverage letters?
- Can employees enroll in our group health plan and receive prescription drug coverage from Medicare?
- Can we request employees over 65 enroll in Medicare instead of our group health plan?
There is no cost to attend this event. Seats are limited to availability. Once registered, additional event details for the day of the event will be sent to you via email.
Carl PilgerOf Counsel
Carl Pilger is of counsel in the Atlanta office of Fisher Phillips and a member of the firm’s Employee Benefits Practice Group. He advises clients with respect to all aspects of employee benefits and executive compensation, with an emphasis on health and other welfare benefit plans, cafeteria plans, consumer-driven health care options, and employee wellness programs.
He has extensive experience advising clients on the complexities of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act including challenging IRS shared responsibility payments. He also advises employers on compliance issues involving the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and various other federal and state benefits compliance matters.
Carl joined the firm in its Atlanta office in 1994 and then rejoined the firm in 2021 following nearly a decade of educating and counseling clients on employee benefits compliance issues for two insurance brokerage firms. Prior to that, he practiced in the employee benefits groups at two full-service, regional law firms and served as in-house ERISA counsel for a national credit card processor.
- Deadline to Distribute Individual Coverage Health Reimbursement Arrangement [ICHRA] Notice
- Oct 03 2022
- All Day