This calendar reminder is based upon a plan year effective 1/1.
Notice of Creditable Coverage should be provided annually by the Plan Sponsor:
- prior to annual Part D open enrollment period (10/15 – 12/7)
- prior to individual’s initial enrollment period for Part D
- prior to effective date of coverage for any Part D-eligible individual who joins plan
- when plan no longer offers drug coverage or when coverage changes so it is no longer creditable
- upon request by individual
For plans that provide notice to ALL participants annually as a part of their annual disclosures, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will consider #1 and #2 above to be met. In the above list, “prior to” means within the past 12 months.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.