What Employers Need to Know About Retiree Coverage
Tuesday, April 14, 2020 | 3:00 p.m. ET / 12:00 p.m. PT
This webinar will help plan sponsors understand the compliance issues surrounding retiree health plan coverage.
This webinar will:
1. Discuss which health care reform mandates and HIPAA portability rules retiree-only coverage is exempted from
2. Discuss whether retirees that are included in a health plan covering active employees can be treated differently than active employees (i.e., different contributions and benefits) and the nondiscrimination rules that should be taken into account
3. Discuss the effect of offering retiree coverage on an employer’s COBRA obligations
4. Discuss how the Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) rules and Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) apply to retirees in contrast with individuals with current employment status
5. Provide a brief overview of reporting obligations retiree-only plans must comply with including 1094/1095 reporting, Form 5500, Summary Annual Report (SAR), and Section 111 MSP reporting
6. Provide a broad overview of the retiree drug subsidy program
This 60-minute intermediate level webinar will help employers understand the compliance issues surrounding retiree health plan coverage.
Lorie Maring || Fisher Phillips'
Lorie is a partner in the Atlanta office of Fisher Phillips and a member of the Employee Benefits Practice Group. She has extensive experience in all areas of employee benefits, including health and welfare programs, qualified and non-qualified retirement plans and executive compensation. She routinely advises employers, including non-profit and government employers, trade associations and employee benefit insurance and risk management consultants on the complex compliance and day-to-day issues arising under ERISA and other state and federal laws governing employee benefit plans and programs.