02 Oct Black Bean Salad with Bracy McCool
Black Bean Salad with Bracy McCool
A Little Bit About Bracy
Bracy is an Account Manager at ClearPath. Bracy brings an extensive background of customer care to the team along with experience in dental benefits. Beyond work she enjoys staying active by running and working out, often participating in 5k or other races. Much of her free time is spent traveling and visiting her family in Northwest Ohio or relaxing at home with her boyfriend and pets. Bracy enjoys searching the city of Columbus for local restaurant and businesses for new experiences and to support the local economy.
Bracy graduated with a Bachelors in Media Communication in 2012 from Heidelberg University in Tiffin, Ohio. Her most recent employment had been in the dental field as a front office coordinator.
She was responsible for the office schedule, account receivable, patient benefit eligibility. From this experience, she dove headfirst into the insurance field.
Black Bean Salad with Corn, Red Peppers & Avocado With Lime-Cilantro Vinaigrette
“My mom is an expert at making it!”
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 ears freshly cooked corn, kernels cut off the cob
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots, from one medium shallot
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 9 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, best quality such as Colavita
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (be sure to zest limes before juicing them)
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 2 Hass avocados, chopped
Cover and chill for a few hours or overnight. Right before serving, add avocados and mix gently, being careful not to mash avocados. Garnish with a more chopped cilantro if desired. Serve at room temperature.
When It’s a Great Time to Go Out
Jack and Benny’s
Bracy’s favorite place to eat out with friends and family is Jack and Benny’s in downtown Columbus.
View their website.
Check out their menu.