13 Sep The Perfect Sunday Dish for Fall
August’s Dish is brought to you by ClearPath’s own Lisa Haughn!
Lisa has worked in the insurance industry for over thirty years, currently is the Compliance Manager at ClearPath Benefit Advisors LLC, and assists clients in offering and maintaining a compliant employee benefit program. Outside of work, Lisa enjoys volunteering at her church’s food pantry and hosting her family and friends for holiday dinner parties!
Her favorite place to eat? Sweet Carrot in Grandview Heights! “Sweet Carrot is a little gem of a casual Grandview restaurant!! The food is delicious, the servers are attentive, and the casual atmosphere is whimsical with its rabbit motif!“ Need directions?
At home, Lisa has a sweet potato souffle recipe that she calls the “The perfect Sunday dinner in the Fall.” It’s easy to make and serves about 6. “You don’t have to wait until Thanksgiving for this dish!”
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Five (5) large sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup butter – softened
- 1/3 cup half & half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt* *if butter is salted, use ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- Boil sweet potatoes with the skins on until tender.
- After cooled to lukewarm, peel the sweet potatoes.
- Mash potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add brown sugar, egg, butter, half & half, salt, and vanilla.
- Beat using electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour into greased casserole dish.Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add topping.
- Return to oven and bake for 10 minutes.
We agree! This is the prefect Sunday dish for Fall!