23 May Breakfast. The most important meal of the day!
This month’s Dish is brought to you by ClearPath’s own Beth Waterhouse!
Beth enjoys spending her spare time with her family. Her son and daughter currently live in California and Arizona, and she loves to take fun trips to go visit them. In fact, traveling is one of Beth’s favorite things to do! She loves exploring new places as well as going back to old favorites, like Siesta Key. Back at home, Beth and her husband have two large dogs to keep them company. Yoga has even become one of her favorite hobbies!
Far away from home is a cozy place tucked up in Georgia that Beth calls her favorite restaurant.
“Our family was so fortunate to visit the beautiful Savannah, Georgia when our son attended college there. Savannah has fantastic restaurants like Olde Pink House and great southern charm!”
It’s quite a ways out from here in Columbus, OH, but if you need directions, we have them!
At home, Beth has a dish that’s perfect for the morning after a long night, Easy Breakfast Casserole! “This dish works great for Christmas morning since it’s prepared the night before!”
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 6 slices of toast, lightly buttered and cut into small pieces
- 1 lb of bacon or sausage (cooked)
- 1 lb of shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 tsp of mustard
- 1 cup of milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- Butter a 9×12 baking dish and layer with toast, then bacon or sausage, and cheese.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and pour evenly over the layers.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so why not make it easier AND more delicious? Thanks Beth!