13 Mar What Employers Need to Know about the Medicare Secondary Payer Rules and the CMS Data Match Program
Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) describes the situation when the Medicare program does not have primary payment responsibility for paying a claim. Employers with group health plans are greatly impacted by the MSP rules depending on their size. This webinar will help employers understand their responsibilities under the MSP provisions and best practices when completing the CMS Data Match report.
This webinar will:
- Review the basics of Medicare Secondary Payer
- Provide information on the penalties for violating MSP rules or for failing to complete the CMS Data Match questionnaire
- Discuss the requirements under MSP for employers with fewer than 20 and with 20 or more employees, including how to count employees and determine employer size
- Discuss who is primary or secondary payer in common situations when Medicare and other health insurance or coverage may be present
- Describe how to identify those individuals to whom the MSP requirement applies
- Discuss the choices an employee is free to make when deciding between Medicare and a group health plan
- Discuss the limited circumstances in which certain employers can reimburse Medicare supplements for employees
- Discuss best practices to ensure that a plan does not discriminate against employees and employees’ spouses age 65 or over, people who have permanent kidney failure, and disabled Medicare beneficiaries for whom Medicare is secondary payer
- Discuss best practices regarding information needed to accurately complete and timely submit Data Match reports on identified employees
To download the full webinar presentation click Here.