September’s Dish is brought to you by ClearPath’s own Lisa Haughn!
With over 30 years of experience in the insurance industry (19 of that in Compliance), Lisa is primed to assist clients in keeping their benefit plans compliant. She enjoys a variety of activities outside of work including tennis, gardening, and refinishing old furniture.
Her favorite place to eat? Yabos Tacos! “I was quite impressed with the presentation of their yummy burritos and tacos, refreshing margaritas and good service! “ Need directions? They have a few locations.
Fall is near and this Sweet Potato Soufflé recipe from Lisa is perfect for the weather! “You don’t have to wait until Thanksgiving for this dish! It’s perfect for a Sunday dinner in the Fall!”
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 5 large sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup of butter – softened
- 1/3 cup half & half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (if butter is salted, use ¼ teaspoon of salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- Boil sweet potatoes with the skins on until tender.
- . After cooled to lukewarm, peel the sweet potatoes.
- Mash potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add brown sugar, egg, butter, half & half, salt, and vanilla. Beat using electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour into greased casserole dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add topping.
- Return to oven and bake for 10 minutes.