What Employers Need to Know about IRS Reporting in 2019
Tuesday, December 11th, 2018 | 2:00 p.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. PT
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act's reporting requirements are rapidly approaching for employers with group health plans or with 50 or more full-time or full-time equivalent employees. The IRS recently provided final instructions for employers who are preparing to file. This webinar will provide an overview of the reporting process, what we learned from earlier rounds of reporting, and how employers should be tracking employees.
This webinar will:
- Review the 2018 final reporting forms and instructions
- Review the deadlines for employers to submit forms to the IRS and to employees
- Discuss reporting offers of COBRA coverage
- Explain the difference in reporting requirements for small (fewer than 50 employees) and large (50 or more employees) employers, and self-funded versus fully insured
- Discuss the two measurement methods to determine which employees receive a Form 1095-C
- Provide best practices on the monthly measurement method and the lookback measurement method
- Discuss the importance of accurate reporting in light of the IRS' proposed penalty assessment letters
- Describe what we learned about reporting based on errors that led to IRS proposed penalty assessment letters
This 60-minute intermediate level webinar will help employers determine the best practices for reporting in 2019.
Lorie Maring | Of Counsel in the Atlanta office of Fisher Phillips