Part Two: What Employers Need to Know about Leaves of Absence
Tuesday, July 9, 2019 | 2:00 p.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. PT
This webinar is Part Two of our two-part series and will cover how an employer should handle health benefits when employees are on leave.
This webinar will:
- Briefly describe the laws and regulations that govern leave administration, including the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA), and state law considerations including workers’ compensation
- Discuss best practices for payment of premiums when an employee is on paid leave, unpaid FMLA leave, unpaid non-FMLA leave, or receiving workers’ compensation, short-term disability payments, or long-term disability payments
- Discuss how an employer should approach premium payment during leave when the employer doesn’t have a policy regarding premium payment or hasn’t communicated its premium payment policy to an employee who is already on leave
- Describe how an employer counts an employee’s hours under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) when an employee is on leave, including whether hours are counted differently depending on the type of leave or depending on the employee’s status as full-time or variable hour
- Provide practical tips for properly administering benefits during leave
This 60-minute intermediate level webinar will help employers understand how to administer benefits when an employee is on leave.